Thursday 15 November 2012

Stay Option...

You can find many options for stay, budget as well as luxury options. You just have to plan 4-5 days before the journey. In our case we planned a day before the journey, we tried all big names in kashid but all were running out of room as it was a festive season, finally we got a guest house named Shree Savli Guest House owned by a local DIVEKAR family. Deal was fixed for 1800 Rs/ day but no payment was made because it was a saturday for a room which has bed, TV with D2H connection and washroom. I had a feel that I am paying big amount for a basic guest house with no luxury. Here comes a twist, as we reached Kashid it was already 9 PM, village was deep slept in dark. I previously visited Kashid so that I identified the beach although there was no single street light, otherwise anyone can miss the village. I called the only number I had of the guest house and I heard 'THE NUMBER YOU ARE CALLING IS NOT REACHABLE'. It was a great shock for me, immediately we found a small homestay called PICNIC Resort which was very near to beach but was a complete mess. Now the deal got fixed for a lesser amount, I was about to pay the advance when I got a call from the guest house I booked before.Now I was aware of the actual rates there for stay. Here begins the negotiation. After 2-3 minutes of negotiation we saved about 40% and moved to Shree Savli Guest House which was not very near to beach but was very clean and really a nice place to stay as a budget option. Food was excellent if you love homelike food. 
If you go for this option I would suggest you to contact the owner directly and negotiate(9226238448). Posting some images of the guest house.














No comments:

Post a Comment